This is primarily for emuNAND/redNAND where removing the SD card normally freezes the 3DS as "NAND writes" cannot access the SD card.
Available in CIA, 3DS, and 3DSX formats.
- CIA - Install the .cia with the CIA manager of your choice.
- 3DSX - Use the .3dsx provided with the Homebrew Launcher.
- 3DS - Copy .3ds to your SD card.
Run the app, take out your SD, put it back (which will close the app). Everything should be automatic.
- Do not switch your WiFi on/off while the sd is removed. This will trigger a NAND write and that isn't good.
- Do not press Home, the app will exit once you reinsert the SD. Again, likely another NAND write and freeze.
- Only use with emuNAND/redNAND (where your NAND is on the SD card). There is no point on sysNAND as you can remove/insert SD card at will.
- This app installs to NAND (emuNAND/redNAND hopefully). You will likely need to reboot for it to show up for the first time.
- If you need to delete it (use FBI) look for 000400100F122900 or CTR-P-UMNT in your NAND directory.
- You have to encrypt (from the 3DS only) a freshly built cia before it can launch from NAND. Decrypt9's Game Decrypter > CIA encrypt feature will do this.
- All other executable formats are useless for this app.
Start+Up - Exits the app manually (not usually recommended)