Rehid is a HID module (which are responsible for user-input) rewrite with the aim of easier button remapping for the 3DS.
- Button remapping with the help of a json file.
- IR module is patched automatically so ZL, ZR, Cpad Pro (Cnub) can also be remapped.
- Different button remappings for different games.
You need to have the latest Luma3DS for this to work correctly.
- Download the latest release of rehidhelper.3dsx and copy to your SD card.
- Extract the 0004013000001D02 folder from the zip file.
- Copy the 0004013000001D02 folder to /luma/titles/ of your 3DS SD Card.
- Create a new folder named rehid on the root of your 3DS SD Card.
- Hold Select while Powering up your 3DS and enable game patching from the Luma 3DS menu.
- Open Homebrew Launcher and run the 3dsx.
- Click A on the Download Rehid option.
- Restart your 3DS and remap the buttons using one of the methods below (then apply your remapping file to use).
You first need to create a rehid.json file with the remappings you want. The file will contain what buttons you want to remap.
- You can generate your rehid.json files using this site written by @mcaboosec.
- Once you have the file ready, run rehidhelper again.
- Select the Scan QR code option, then scan your QR.
- Alternatively, you can manually generate your rehid.json file using the step by step guide written by @MarioKartFan.
Some premade configs can be found here.
Delete the json file in the rehid folder, or disable game patching.
How to Remap 3DS Buttons - Rehid (Portuguese) (Planeta 3DS)
- You can now use luma's input redirection with rehid.
- With this there is no real disadvantage of using rehid over stock hid.
- Fix touch screen bounds.
- This was being caused as rehid did not respect touchscreen calibration.
- You can now also do TOUCH>KEY binding.
- Fix a bug where rehidhelper created folders with wrong titleid.
- For people with broken home menu button, you can now remap your home button to a key combo.
- Fixed the issue where gyros/motion controls did not work properly for some people.
- Rehid now supports custom luma builds(plugin/3gx).
- The previous version crashed when using custom luma builds, this was fixed.
- IR patches have been rewritten.
- CPad Pro/cnub can now be remapped using the JSON file.
- The previous IR patches were unstable and CPAD Pro/cnub did not work with some games. The patches were rewritten from ground up, correcting this behavior.
- Rehid now also supports the following remappings:
- Keys > touchscreen.
- Keys > CPAD.
- DPAD > CPAD.
- CPAD > DPAD.
- Accelerometer/Gyroscope has been implemented.
- This fixes multiple issues like games getting stuck and 3D being unstable.
- Introduce Rehidhelper.
- Rehidhelper is a hb app which makes it easier to install rehid/generate remappings.
- You can now easily generate your remappings using this site written by @mikahjc and then scan the generated QR with the app instead of having to manually edit the json file.
- First public release.
@luigoalma Help, testing and supports.
Druivensap on discord server for testings.
Luma3ds devs and contributors.
- GitHub - https://github.com/hax0kartik/rehid
- GBAtemp - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-rehid-button-remapping-for-3ds.585387
- 3DS Remap Builder - https://mikahjc.github.io/3dsRemapBuilder/config
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/nu6h6n/release_rehid_v30_button_remapping_for_3ds_now
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/n6c36y/release_rehid_v20_button_remapping_for_3ds
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/mavd7a/release_rehid_hid_module_rewrite_for_easy_button