|Author||Ashai Rey (A.A. van Zoelen)|
Project JDS is a tool to help memorizing different Japanese alphabets or hiragana and katakana.
It was participated in the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2008, ranked 10th.
- Romaji (latin letters) to hiragana.
- Romaji to katakana.
- Hiragana to katakana.
- Hiragana to romaji.
- Hiragana writing.
- Katakana to hiragana.
- Katakana to romaji.
- Katakana writing.
- Voiced sounds.
- Pronouncation of each character.
- Select specific sets for learning.
- Number of strokes of each character.
- Animated stroke order.
- Stylus operated.
- Progress score.
Operate with Stylus.
- When you have many right/wrong answers the result wouldn't fit anymore in the box onscreen.
- Check button incorrectly erased - Corrected.
- Raised the volume of speech.
- Added Good and Fault sounds.
- Added stylus clicks on menu items.
- Added an intro sound.
- Added NEXT and CHECK buttons to to writing screen.
- Changed drawing width from 6 to 4.
- Reset the shown image when selecting a new set.
- Removed bug from selection grouping.
- Typo - Changed Stoke(s) into Stroke(s).
- Changed scoring system. Now it displays the total score and the current score for this practise. The current score is reset when a menu action is done, except for help.
- Removed the 1 second timeout when a wrong answer is given and replaced that for a 'Wait for touch screen'.
- Removed the 1 second timeout when you check if your drawing is ok and replaced that for a 'Wait for touch screen'.
- Added 'Touch to continue !' message.
- Remove the bug that cause a partial screen wipe when the menu was open and you clicked besides the unfolded menu.
- Startup bug removed. Apparently no menu was selected even when it was shown at startup.
- Added still images and added a switch to turn off animation.
- Changed randomizer. Each character now is shown 3 times. When fault then it is more likely to come again. When ok it will drop in in rank. When drawn 3 times correct it is no more shown until all characters has been drawn correctly 3 time.
- Removed a bug in the Romaji menu, border not shown.
- Removed two other bugs in the menu.
- RI sound was incorrect.
- RI incorrect image in katagana and hiragana.
- Added version control.
- Correct names for Maru and Nigori.
- No columns selected bug.