From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Welcome to Pinbox! Pinbox is a homebrew application (Soon .cia) for the Nintendo 3DS that streams content from your Windows PC to the 3DS. Keep in mind, Pinbox is currenty in alpha, so bugs will occur! Contact Namkazt on the Pinbox Discord for help. https://discord.gg/9Qae7fT
- Streaming from Windows PC to a 3DS ( or over internet from VPS windows server )
- Audio support (MP2 encode/decode)
- Hardware acceleration Y2R
- Emulation Xbox 360 Controller for awesome game support ( by ViGEm )
- Support for Keyboard mapping with profile select from 3DS side
- Realtime config from 3DS side
- Implement Qt UI for basic use
- add Hub UI for fast access to game or app
- Checker for wifi and sleepmode and other events relating to 3DS
Requirements to get Pinbox to run:
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 https://goo.gl/ijdZ1x
- Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 (contains the missing device drivers) https://goo.gl/xPK8qE
- Make sure Windows is up to date with the latest security patches and updates
- Install the Virtual Game pad Emulation Framework https://goo.gl/qcuVbp
- Keep in mind: The requirements to Pinbox may change, please check the #how-to-setup section of The Pinbox Discord Server first.
- Enable firewall to allow port 1234 in and out (or disable the firewall when using the software and enable the firewall when done)
- Make sure both devices are connected to Wifi
- You do not have to type in port 1234, this will crash the app
- If you are getting a black screen in Pinbox, open server.cfg in the Pinbox server directory and change monitor index to zero
Tutorial Video (Thanks to @GameInCanada): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-R2cy-vBgY
Please follow the instructions in the Pinbox Discord since the troubleshooting requirements are changing all the time and will be updated constantly.
If you are having issues don't hesitate to ask for help on our official Discord channel!