From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Text editor for the Nintendo 3DS console.
- File opening/saving
- Search for terms in a file (Will only find the first occurence. Looking to change this in future) Jump to beginning/end of a file
- Instructions are provided on the bottom screen of the 3DS
- The bottom screen is also used to show information about the file and some error messages (file opening failure for example)
- Running Notepad3DS through the Homebrew Launcher will mean all file saves/opens will start from the /3ds/ directory. Prefix '../' to your filename to access the root folder.
- Running Notepad3DS through a .cia will mean all file saves/opens will start from the root '/' directory. You can access files in other directories from here. For example, 3ds/files/example.txt
- A - Select the current line
- B - Start a new file (with confirmation)
- X - Save current file
- Y - Open a new file
- R - Search for a term in the file
- DPad/CPad - Movement up/down
- L - Hold with movement to jump to beginning/end
NOTE: Notepad3DS can access directories but cannot create them. Saving a file to a non existing directory will NOT save the file correctly.
Each line can hold a maximum of 1024 characters when edited. If a line with more than 1024 characters is edited, it WILL be truncated with no way of undoing this.