From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
By Chishm - Modified to work on Nintendo 3DS by Apache Thunder, Ahezard, and Shutterbug2000.
- Nitro Hax is a cheat tool for the Nintendo DS.
- It works with original games only.
- This is not intended to boot flashcarts. Use NTR Launcher for that.
- This does NOT boot 3DS carts. This program is not related to NTR CFW. This is designed for DS games only.
- This program does not yet support TWL carts. (DSi Enhanced games).
- Even if you manage to boot a TWL cart, it will be running in NTR mode and will not have access to DSi specific hardware.
- DSi Enhanced Games will be supported if and when card reading code is updated to accommodate them.
Usage (revised for 3DS. Do NOT attempt to use this build on a original DS/DS Lite. Use Chishm's original build instead)
1. Install NitroHax.cia with your preferred CIA installer.
2. Place an Action Replay XML file (cheats.xml) to a location on your 3DS SD card.
3. Insert the game you intend to use NitroHax with.
4. Start NitroHax from 3DS Home Menu. If you did not insert a game yet, the program will prompt you to insert one.
1. One of the following will be loaded automatically if it is found (in order of preference):
- "cheats.xml" in the current directory
2. If no file is found, browse for and select a file to open.
5. Choose the cheats you want to enable.
1. Some cheats are enabled by default and others may be always on. This is specified in the XML file.
2. The keys are:
- **A**: Open a folder or toggle a cheat enabled
- **B**: Go up a folder or exit the cheat menu if at the top level
- **X**: Enable all cheats in current folder
- **Y**: Disable all cheats in current folder
- **L**: Move up half a screen
- **R**: Move down half a screen
- **Up**: Move up one line
- **Down**: Move down one line
- **Start**: Start the game
- **Select**: Enable DSi clock speeds. (currently no visible GUI button for this yet)
6. If you wish to enable TWL clock speeds for your game press select button. This option added to help improve performance of some games.
7. Do NOT eject the game cartridge once cheats have been loaded. If you change your mind, you will need to restart Nitrohax.
8. When you're done, exit the cheat menu by pressing the start button.
9. The game will then start with cheats running.
10.The DS/DSi bootsplash played prior to starting the game will indicate what CPU speed was selected for your game.
Copyright (C) 2008 Michael "Chishm" Chisholm
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Thanks to (in no particular order):
- Pink-Lightning - Original skin (v0.5-0.82)
- bLAStY - Memory dumps
- cReDiAr - Last crucial step for running DS Cards
- Parasyte - Tips for hooking the game automagically
- kenobi - Action Replay code document
- Darkain - Memory and cache clearing code
- Martin Korth - GBAtek
- Deathwind / WinterMute - File menu code (v0.2 - v0.4)
- Everyone else who helped me along the way
Big thanks to Datel (CodeJunkies) for creating the original Action Replay and its cheats
Custom Code Types
CF000000 00000000 - End of code list CF000001 xxxxxxxx - Relocate cheat engine to xxxxxxxx CF000002 xxxxxxxx - Change hook address to xxxxxxxx C100000x yyyyyyyy - Call function with arguments x - number of arguments (0 - 4) yyyyyyyy - Address of function The argument list follows this code. To call a function at 0x02049A48, with the arguments r0 = 0x00000010, r1 = 0x134CBA9C, r2 = 0x12345678, you would use: C1000003 02049A48 00000010 134CBA9C 12345678 00000000 C200000x yyyyyyyy - Run code from cheat list x - 0 = ARM mode, 1 = THUMB mode yyyyyyyy - length of function in bytes EG: C2000000 00000010 AAAAAAAA BBBBBBBB CCCCCCCC E12FFF1E This will run the code AAAAAAAA BBBBBBBB CCCCCCCC in ARM mode. The E12FFF1E (bx lr) is needed at the end to return to the cheat engine. (These instructions are based on those written by kenobi.) C4000000 xxxxxxxx - Safe data store (Based on Trainer Toolkit code) Sets the offset register to point to the first word of this code. Storing data at [offset+4] will save over the top of xxxxxxxx. C5000000 xxxxyyyy - Counter (Based on Trainer Toolkit code) Each time the cheat engine is executed, the counter is incremented by 1. If (counter & yyyy) == xxxx then execution status is set to true. Else it is set to false. C6000000 xxxxxxxx - Store offset (Based on Trainer Toolkit code) Stores the offset register to [xxxxxxxx]. D400000x yyyyyyyy - Dx Data operation Performs the operation Data = Data ? yyyyyyyy where ? is determined by x as follows: 0 - add 1 - or 2 - and 3 - xor 4 - logical shift left 5 - logical shift right 6 - rotate right 7 - arithmetic shift right 8 - multiply If type codes Adds offset to the address if the lowest bit of the address is set. Sets the address equal to offset if the original address is 0x00000000.