From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
A music making application that enable playback midi background music for homebrew games development, it also provides a useful midi/mml player application BGMFILER with tone editing feature that runs on the DS itself.
Download contains NDS BGMFILER and converters to be used with related homebrews:
- wav2adpcm - Required for data creation for ADPCMDRV.
- BGMMMLconverter - Required for data creation for NDS_BGMDRV.
- smf2mcfg and mcfg2mdt - Required for data creation for NDS_MIDDRV.
It performs the following data:
- BDT data (for NDS_BGMDRV).
- MDT data (for NDS_MIDDRV).
- ADT data (for NDS_ADPCMDRV).
- Standard MID file (compatible with SMF format 0/1, automatically converted to MDT internally).
- Recomposer RCP/R36 file (automatically converted to MDT internally).
- Supports 396 tones (including drum sounds), which is a subset of the SC-88Pro MAP.
You can play it by preparing BDT/MDT/MID/RCP/R36 files in microSD and selecting from the filer of this application.
The tone data for MID/RCP/R36 playback is played using the tone pack file (self-made) called sc88pro.vpk inside NDS_BGMFILER. In addition, the normal tones in sc88pro.vpk (those who are not drum sets) can also be used with the touch keyboard of this application.
The following homebrews are originally written for compling BDT/MDT/ADT, and later distributed as part of NDS_BGMFILER:
- NDS_BGMDRV - BGM and SE Driver. Can compile BGM or SE data to an original BDT binary format to be played by using NDS_BGMFILER.
- NDS_MIDDRV - A library that supports MIDI playback on your own apps for Homebrew purposes.
- NDS_ADPCMDRV -Supports playback of data ADT.
- Corresponds to. Adt data for ADPCM-DRV of a trial.
- The engine in NDS SOUND bgm7init of BGMDRV.
- Register initialization bug fix leak.
- Thfifo bug fixes: bug fixes initialization part thfifo (Thanks to A128).
- To support keyboard scrolling (New).
- Established the scroll lock button.
- Change the layout of the visible portion of presets (bottom line).
- Fixed a bug where only the sound of the NDS-Ch.15 continues to sound during PAUSE.
- Fixed a bug that noise tone will sound at the drum set undefined RHYTHM-FX and SFX.
- Modify the shadow of "ALL" button font MASK.
- Author's website - http://meraman.dip.jp/index.php?NDS_BGMFILER