From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
A rom trimmer for Nintendo DS (NDS & GBA).
- Batch processing.
- Recursive folder scanning.
- Auto detection for Wifi games.
- Auto detection of already trimmed games.
- Auto fix of incorrect trimming from other trimmers.
- Extremely fast.
- Trims NDS and GBA roms, as well as DSi enhanced roms.
- Unicode support in filenames.
- RAR/ZIP/7zip support.
- It works for all the currently known cards for DS (R4, Acekard, M3, CycloDS, G6 etc).
The ability of a NDS cartridge is standard, 128 Mbit, 256 Mbit, 512 Mbit or 1 Gbit. If we make the conversion to bytes which is the unit of measure used by our computer.
Knowing that 1 byte = 8 bits, we get ROMs 16 MBytes, 32 MBytes, 64 MBytes and 128 MBytes. All games have a certain amount of information using memory cartridge and other necessary information is left empty cartridge (also known as redundant information.)
So if we have a set of 420 Mbit 512 Mbit cartridge, we have almost 100 Mbits cast padding. Following this simple principle R4DS ROM Trimmer will save space on our memory cards.
Additional backgrounds are available.
Drag and Drop:
Drop any kind of files, it will detect and sort the right ones (nds,gba,zip,rar,7z,folders).
32/64 bit Windows from win95 to W7; Linux/osx under wine.
No 7zip for win9x and Linux/osx.
Does not require .net.
Roms tested on cicloDS and R4DS Revolution.
3.1 26 April 2017
- Updated Rom List to version 2188 (ADVANsCEne_NDScrc).
- Some bug fixes and improvements.
- Settings related to folders/backups etc have changed, please re-check.
3.0 01 October 2014
- Complete rewrite of NDSTokyoTrim with added support for 3DS roms.
- Unicode support (filenames in japanese etc).
- Trimming of DSi enhanced roms.
- Option to use normal list window.
- Faster when using rar/7zip.