Mobile Skat PSP
Mobile Skat is an adaption of Skat on PSP, a famous card game in Germany and France.
It was participated in the PSP Genesis Competition 2011.
Note: The link is for v0.2 only (latest release is v0.3).
The game begins with 32 cards. 10 cards are dealt to each of the 3 players and 2 cards remain face down to form what is known as the skat.
Followed by the dealing is the auction, which is also the most important steps of the game.
Players get to determine who will play solo against the 2 other players by bidding. Whoever bids the highest gets to play solo and pick the trump suit.
Standard trick taking rules apply:
- You must follow suit to the card led, if possible.
- If unable to follow suit, you can play any card.
- The trick is won by the highest trump played to it. If no trumps are played, then the trick goes to the highest card of the suit led.
The main objective of the solo player is not to win most of the 10 tricks, rather to win tricks containing as many card-points as possible.
The cards have a total of 120 points and the solo player must obtain at least 61 of them.
In additional to that the game incoperates an unique scoring system, where multipliers apply depending on the situation.
There are also different usages of the skat, which the solo player has access to. You can learn more about it here.
|Sequence of card suits|
|Clubs > Spades > Hearts > Diamonds|
|Cards ranks||Point values|
Cross - Select
Circle - Back
D-Pad - Move between the options
Cross - Select letter
D-Pad - Move between the cards
- Fixed a major bug in the calculating of the maximal bid value.
- Improved the AI.
- Mobile Skat uses the oslib now.
- You can play your own music from ms0:/MUSIC (up to 320 kbps).
- Added multilanguage-support(at the moment only for languages with roman alphabet).
- Fixed some little bugs.