From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
luaIrc is an IRC client for 3DS written with Lua Player Plus 3DS, allowing you to chat with your friends whenever you want.
- Multi-channels support: You can join multiple channels and switch towards chats easily.
- New messages detection: When a new message is detected on an inactive chat, the channel name will change color in the channel list.
- PART, QUIT, JOIN, PRIVMSG, PING, NAMES, TOPIC commands detection.
- Auto-detection of Nickname for default nickname usage.
- Channel's topics support.
- Private messages support (insert an username as the channel when opening a new channel).
Controls: A = Prompt keyboard to send a new message. START = Prompt keyboard to connect to a new channel. UP/DOWN = Switch channel SELECT = Exit homebrew
Config file (optional): The config.lua file can be edited and put in /luaIrc/ to change some default settings: nick_default = Default nickname that will be shown at startup. (Default: PSN Nickname) --> this probably is wrong and a result of copying from the original thread. I'll ask what is the default nick on the 3DS and then update this. server_default = Default server hostname that will be shown at startup. (Default: Freenode) channel_default = Default channel name that will be shown at startup. (Default: #botwar)
Credits: StepS for helping me understand how PART and QUIT commands work. @ihaveamac for the help while testing the homebrew.