From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
GrooveStep Digital Music Studio is a full featured music making application for the Nintendo DS. GrooveStep features an easy to use step sequencer for pattern based music making.
- Easy to use step sequencer with up to 4 Groove Sliders per step
- 16 monophonic tracks with up to 2 sounds per track with ADSR envelopes and LFOs
- 16 variable length patterns up to 64 steps long
- 16 channel mixer with volume, mute and solo control
- Song arranger can chain up to 255 patterns each with individual settings
- WAV file support with preview in file browser with up two 2MB of sample RAM
- XY PAD real time performance interface
- Download and extract file
- Copy the GrooveStep.nds (or .sc.nds for SuperCard users) file and GrooveStep directory (from the DS folder in the archive) to the root of flash card
L - bring up pop-up screen (screen navigation, pattern/song options, copy/paste, options screen) [can be changed in the settings screen]
Select – show/hide the settings screen
Start - start/stop playback
D-pad - change/edit selected slider control when a control is highlighted, left/right change current pattern on PATTERN SCREEN if no control is highlighted
Stylus - everything else
- Replaced RAW sample support with basic WAV file support (mono, 44100KHz)
- Added pattern RESET button to Edit Tab on PopUp screen.
- Added TEMPO edit to SONG screen.
- Added WAV file preview ON/OFF option to Settings Screen + functionality to file select screen when selecting wav files
- Added XYPAD LINK option in Settings to allow independent track control for the X and Y axes.
NOTE: TO convert your songs from previous versions, just convert all your RAW samples to WAV files (with .wav extension). No other changes have to be done.