A Spaced Repetition flashcards application for the Nintendo DS. Similar to Anki, but this allows for creation and editing of cards on the DS.
Download and extract file.
Place fcarDS folder in the root of flashcard.
Copy flashcarDS.nds to anywhere in the flashcard.
In DeSmuMe, go to Emulation> GBA slot.
Select Compact Flash from the pull down menu.
Point the File option to FATimage.img.
A message would appear telling to rebuild the database, which is what it does.
Choose writing automatically switches to inverted (can be adjusted).
Select multiple decks if they are available.
- Blank means you forgot or was wrong.
- At the end of the review you will be asked if want to commit changes.
- Select no to repeat the same session.
From top to bottom, icons on the left are as follows.
- Clear card face.
- Clear both front and back.
- Undo - Only one level of undo, no redo.
On the left, you can toggle to edit the front or back of the card.
Save is used to apply the drawn changes; if you press Start without saving, changes won't be applied.
Mainly controlled with Stylus, with a few button shortcuts.
Start - Return the main menu
Select - End the review
Stylus - View the answer
Up/X - Choose difficulty (review mode)
L/R - Shortcuts for clearing the canvas
L/R - Undo
Up/X - Pencil
Down/B - Eraser
Tested on NDSi+DStwo and DeSmuMe 0.9.6.
Version 0.3 2010/09/13
- Added multiple deck support.
- Ability to create new decks.
- Removed example decks from archive.
- Be sure that fcarDS is a folder in root though.
- Hold [UP] or [X] to select review difficulty in review mode.
- Due to stylus jumping.
Version 0.2 2010/08/21
- Now using a true SRS algorithm based on the SuperMemo 2 algorithm.
- Use the Rebuild Index option on the main menu to make decks from v0.1 compatible with the new revision.
- Fixed bug in database saving.
Version 0.1 2010/08/20
- First release.
- Not really bug tested.
- Author's website - http://thenfinite.com/projects/flashcards