From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DScraft is a DS homebrew adaptation of the popular game Minecraft. At the moment this is a rather complete adptation of "creative mode" (or minecraft Classic), which means there is only exploration and creation in this version.
- ability to add and remove blocks
- nice terrain generation (including cliffs, plains, small forests, lakes...)
- basic cave generation
- map streaming from file, meaning really big maps can be used (1024x1024 maps are fully playable)
- texture pack support (the game's default texture pack is eldpack)
- day/night cycle, clouds, dawn/dusk, stars...
- more or less dynamic lighting system
- basic bottom screen (working buttons, inventory)
- tons of blocks
- (basic) dynamic water
Drag and drop DScraft.nds and the dscraft directory to your card. (NO NEED to transfer the separate worlds directory)
IMPORTANT - if using nitroFS version, dscraft folder MUST BE in the same directory as DScraft.nds.
If using FAT version, dscraft folder MUST BE placed at the root of the card.
Included are a "worlds" directory and a program named mapGen. The worlds directory contains several pre-generated worlds for you to explore; simply drag and drop the files to the dscraft/worlds directory to install each one. The mapGen program is used to generate new worlds. Simply execute it and follow the steps.
New worlds can be installed by copying .map files to the dscraft/worlds directory. Texture packs can be installed by unzipping them in a directory in the dscraft/packs folder. Screenshots are stored in the dscraft/screens directory.
Simply drag and drop DScraft.nds and the dscraft directory to your card. dscraft directory should be at the root of the cart; the .nds file can be anywhere though.
Included are a "worlds" directory and mapGen program. The worlds directory contains several pre-generated worlds for you to explore; simply drag and drop the files to the dscraft/worlds directory to install each one.
The mapGen program is used to generate new worlds. Simply execute it and follow the steps.
Texture packs can be installed by unzipping them in a directory in the dscraft/packs folder. Screenshots are stored in the dscraft/screens directory.
Double tap : jump
ABXY : toggle fly mode
ABXY : toggle fly mode
Start exits the game.
First : if the nitroFS version doesn't work, try the FAT version.
Second : If the FAT version doesn't work, make sure you copied the ENTIRE dscraft directory to your card and that it is in the SAME directory as the DScraft.nds file.
- added ladders and doors
- added new dynamic lighting to make caves darker
- added underwater effect
- added control scheme 3 (doesn't require shoulder buttons)
- added mc2ds, a Minecraft to DScraft world converter
- added mapUpdate, a program to recalculate some lighting values to work better with 310811
- included new default worlds
- made it easier to get out of water (again)
- fixed torch placing related bugs
- fixed quad cache overflow bug
- fixed inventory-opening crash
- fixed moon
- fixed menu glitch
- fixed edge related bugs
- many other various bugfixes
IMPORTANT:included in this version is a program named mapUpdate. This program is designed to update worlds made with previous versions of the game to work better on 310811. (it will mostly fix trees) Simply drag and drop you map file on mapUpdate.exe and let it work for a second; it should create a brand new testmap.map file.
Special thanks dev-fr, eld for his awesome textures, notch and all of mojang for creating and maintaining minecraft, boomboombass for the awesome website made under such short notice, all dedicated beta testers, Cyan, GBAtemp, Vloz, Sir_Voe and the two other people whose nicknames weren't in there emails for their generous donations