From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Book reader for Nintendo DS with customizable TrueType font rendering, and functions on the touchpad for opening files and other options.
- Download DSReader from here (mirror)
- Extract the folder 'DSReader' to the root of your card
Set up DS Reader
- Stroke the bottom screen upwards to open the menu.
- Tap the Folder icon to open a file. This enables you to browse the files on the homebrew card. You can add books to read by copying the text file to your homebrew card. Browse to the required file and tap Open. The file will open.
- Tap the Book icon to open files and work with bookmarks.
- Tap the Font icon to adjust the fonts. You can adjust the size, style and background colour. Tap Load to use any TrueType font you have on your Homebrew card.
- Tap the Screen icon to adjust the display. You can choose whether to view the book on either both or just one screen.
- Close the menu with a downward stroke.
Folder icon - open your book
L or Right - Advance pages
R or Left - Go back pages
Book icon - create a bookmark for later
To delete bookmarks delete the 'LIBRARY.DAT' file.
- Bookmarks will only work if the source file name is five letters or less.