From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Version||12 July 2007|
DSLiveWeather is a WiFi application on the Nintendo DS that allows user to fetch the current weather information (Weather.com) of the location user choose. It will indirectly display the current weather offered by Weather.com.
It is built with DevKitARM r20, libfat (DLDI), dswifi/wifilib 0.3.1, rebootlib 1.1.
- Using configurable LocationProfiles, you can fetch the weather of any location supported by Weather.com and store up to 64 locations.
- Automatically load and save LocationProfiles to your FAT.
- Up to 64 LocationProfiles.
- Configure server settings.
- Very nice user interface and keyboard.
- Actively developed!
- Download and extract file to apps folder
- Create a folder called 'DSLiveWeather' in the root of card
Get weather.com location ID.
Then go to: weather.google.com. And then, go to www.weather.com and search for your city/area. Once it's displayed on screen look at the your browser's address bar, your location ID will be displayed at the end of the address. (e.g. for the address: http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:UKXX0015 the location ID is UKXX0015)
- Start the DSLiveWeather app
- Enter any name in the profile name (e.g. Home) (tap the green tick to exit)
- Enter the Location ID in the next box (tap the green tick to exit)
- Press on the 'Start' button to save your settings
- Tap on 'Currently'
- Tap the grey face icon to connect to your wireless network
- Tap the green tick icon to retrieve the latest weather
- Tap the grey face again to disconnect from your wireless network
"Error saving xxxxx" or "Error loading xxxxxx" would appear when user did not create the 'DSLiveWeather' folder in the root of flash card.
Version July 12
- Automatically searches for the DSLiveWeather directory within 3 depth levels away from the root. This means that the following three configurations will work:
- This procedure is done with my Locator() function. If you would like to see this feature in more homebrew projects, spread the word to the developers!
- People experienced problems with Saving to FAT. This should be fixed.
- This build uses the latest official DSWifi 0.3.2. I hope it fixes some of the WiFi problems.
- Huuf (for hosting and serving)
- MrShlee (for Dev-Scene, hosting and serving)
- DragonMinded (for DSFont.exe to generate the font used in DSLW)
- Weather.com for the weather data!!!
- GbaDev.org Forum members who have pointed out a few bugs and came up with nice ideas.