From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Chinese Touch - Stroke Order|
|[Traditional and Simplified Chinese Download]|
Chinese Touch is a language learning tool for Nintendo DS with the main focus on Chinese.
In contrast to other applications, Chinese Touch does not try to provide a complete course for a specific level of language skill, but is meant more as a generic tool to make your own learning docs easily portable and more accessible for your individual needs.
There are two versions available, both includes Chinese (Mandarin) from Wikibooks, about 1600 stroke order images from Wikimedia Commons, decomposition data from cjklib:
- Chinese Touch (Without dictionary).
- Chinese Touch Sim (Simplified Chinese version of CC-CEDICT).
Manual can be found here.
Works on DSTwo-Card.
Character component data from the cjklib project is not complete and might have some errors, but you now can lookup individual components of many characters and their meaning, which can be very helpful when memorizing complex characters.
- Focused on aspects of usability, dictionary search and integration of character component data.
- Usability enhancements include a rubber tool and an additional calligraphy pen style for writing.
- A clock display in new words drill.
- Word counters on the left and right buttons in word lists.
- Better saving of program settings and several other tiny improvements.
- Reverse lookups on fields of your custom dictionary entries .
- Choose from several keyboard layouts, including Japanese Kana
- Newly added images from the Wikimedia Commons Stroke Order Project.
- Character component data from the cjklib project have been integrated into Chinese Touch.