|This application has been obsoleted by one or more applications that serve the same purpose, but are more stable or maintained.|
CSPSP is a homebrew game for the Sony PSP, originally based on Valve's popular Counter-Strike. It's a 2d overhead (top-down) shooter that features team and free-for-all gameplay with a variety of weapons, all within a fully functional multiplayer component.
It was participated in the Neo Summer Coding Compo 2006 (PSP Games) and Neo Spring Coding Compo 2007 (PSP Games, 3rd place).
- Completely free of charge.
- A total of 28 different weapons to take down enemies with, including knives, pistols, submachine guns, rifles, machine guns, and grenades.
- A quickly growing multiplayer community (there's almost always someone to play online).
- A user account system with simple stats and friend lists.
- Hundreds of different maps.
- Fully-featured map editor (by coolguy5678) for the PC.
- Readily moddable (graphics, sound effects, gun configurations).
CSPSP should run on any of the recent Custom Firmwares.
For most cases, simply copy the CSPSP folder into /PSP/GAME/ on your PSP's Memory Stick (or /PSP/GAMEXXX/, where XXX is your Firmware version).
In order to play CSPSP (v1.91) you will also need to connect to the CSPSP server (v1.51).
Analog/D-pad - Move the character
L/R - Turn the character
Cross - Shoot
Start - Mini menu (Restart, Back to the main menu, Exit)
Counter Strike on PSP - CSPSP (hUNGARYANO)
- Hopefully fixed the name mixup problem.
- Added ability to signin to account with another psp.
- Fixed a bug that was potentially removing players from a server during map downloading.
- Potentially fixed the freezing bug during map downloading.
- Tweaked networking code to be more robust (and caught a few bugs); also fixed major exploits (speedhacking, infinite ammo, etc.).
- Added check for tempAR (not allowed in multiplayer).
- Added a menu for server admins to kick/ban players more easily.
- Added graphical gun delay indicator.
- Added a time slowdown effect at the end of a round.
- Fixed the bug in ffa where spectators' scores weren't being reset on new round.
- Added a limit on the rate of chat messages (to prevent spamming).
- Bots will now buy their weapons when they have enough money.
- Added exception handler (debugging info should now be printed during a crash).
- Fixed a memory leak with the player icons.
- Fixed a potential divide-by-zero bug.
- Removed idstorage requirement (so CSPSP should run with HBL now - untested).
- Fixed a bug where half downloaded maps weren't being correctly deleted.
- Tweaked the server list pinging.
- v1.91 fixes a small bug with updating profile info.
- Developed by Kevin Chen.
- ps2dev.org for information about anything related to programming on the PSP.
- James Hui for his JGE++ engine.
- Google for its awesome App Engine (which powers the entire online system + this website).
- Mark James for his beautiful Silk icon set.
- coolguy5678 for his map editor.
- The many mappers for maps that are actually fun to play on.
- Friends for testing new versions.
- And of course, the players, for actually playing the game.
- Official website - http://cspsp.appspot.com
- Official forum - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cspsp/cspsp-v1-92-cspspserver-v1-51-t39.html
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=2956.0
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3966.0