From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||eXdreAm (aka Wiese)|
ArchonDS is a remake of the original game from 1983 (Atari ST) with new graphics. It is a strategy action game, the battle of light vs. dark.
It currently supports a 2 player mode (on a single DS). You can play in 4 different arenes and 4 characters:
- Archer vs Basilisk (Forrest).
- Wizard vs Basilisk (Desert).
- Archer vs Dragon (Swamp).
- Wizard vs Dragon (Snow).
The game is over when one side has no more units or conquered all five power-points.
Stylus or D-Pad - Select, Move character in the battle grid
A/B/Y/X - Move character in battle board (Player 2)
R/L - Attack
Start - Restart
Select - Change the arenes and characters
Tested on Original R4DS (firmware 1.19).
- AI of the battlemode is implemented.
- Added 5 units (valkyrie, golem, troll, sorceres and djinn).
- Added battle and strategy HUD.
- Added gameflow: change between battle and strategy mode.
- Added unit indicator (touched unit is also selected).
- 2 player "hotseat"-mode playable with a limited number of units.
- Added 3D-text intro.
- Added game mode menu.