Advanced Sound Library
|Advanced Sound Library|
The Advanced Sound Library (ASlib) is a new sound library for the NDS.
- MP3 engine.
- Audio engine.
- MP3 is decoded on the arm7, so use nearly no CPU time on the arm9.
- Stereo & surround modes available (surround works even for mono mp3s).
- Up to 44Khz/stereo/96Kbps, though it is recommended to use 32Khz/stereo/80Kbps max, which is enough for the DS and works great with up to +25%/-100% pitching.
- Support real-time pitching (changing the playing speed of the mp3).
- Support real-time volume and panning change.
- The MP3 can be paused and restarted.
- The MP3 can be set to loop automatically.
- Support playing from RAM and streaming from FAT or EFS.
- You can disable the mp3 engine if you want, to get 2 more channels.
- Can use the whole 16 DS channel or only the first half (so you can use an external mod player, for example).
- Support standard or surround/fx mode (16 channels in standard mode (-2 if mp3), 8 in surround/fx mode (-1 if mp3)).
- Simple sound playing using a priority system: if no channel is available, stop a sound that has less priority than the new one to play it, or skip it if all sounds have more priority.
- Possibility to reserve a particular channel so it won’t be used in the channel pool by the priority playing system. You can then manage the reserved sound channels manually.
- Surround or pseudo-reverb can be activated per sound (works great with mono sounds).
- Support real-time volume, panning and pitch modifications for each sound.
- Support sound looping.
The lib comes with a template and a example of what you can do with it.
This library build using a way old DKP version: devkitPro r21 and libnds 20071023, newer version may not compile it because the IPC system was removed.
IPC sound system and streaming is based on cold_as_ice streaming example.
Audio stream filling / mp3 decoding based on ThomasS mp3 decoding example.
ASM stereo desinterleave function was made by Thoduv.
- Author's website - http://nodadev.wordpress.com/nds-projects/advanced-sound-library