3dfetch is a 3DS homebrew application that can display varies information of your 3DS in pretty colors.
Similar to Linux's screenfetch script, but unsigned and executed on a Nintendo 3DS. RSF file based off of this dummy RSF. Mainly developed as a method for learning 3DS homebrew toolkits, libraries, and build environments.
- Pretty colors.
- Cycle through text colors using the d-pad, and background colors using the L and R buttons.
- Press the A button to take a screenshot, saved to the SD card root as 3dfetch_day_month_year_x.jpg.
- All information dynamically grabbed from 3DS' hardware.
- New 3DS and old 3DS compatible.
- Press select for a configuration menu.
- Use in tandem with imgurup-3ds for an easy sharing experience.
Available as a CIA/QR code.
Copy .cia to your SD card and intall it with the CIA manager of your choice. Or you can get it on TitleDB within FBI.
- makerom to create the CIA.
- 3ds-tool to recompile the ROM filesystem.
- bannertool to create the banner and icon files.
- A fork of lpp-3ds found here which includes expanded functionality. It is advised to use the compiled binary (lpp-3ds.elf) included in the repository.
- CIA - Run
maketo build an installable CIA-file.
- 3DSX - Run
make 3dfetch.3dsxinstead and merge the
/3dsfolder with the one on your SD card.
- Network-sent 3DSX - If you would like to have 3dfetch be sent via network to your console, open up Homebrew Launcher, press
3dfetch can optionally be configured by creating a file at the root of your SD card called 3dfetch.conf. At present, the following options are available:
- showAnimation:true | false - Enable/disable the little shell animation on startup.
- showSplash:true | false - Enable/disable the CFW splash on the bottom.
- showCFW:true | false to Enable/disable CFW detection.
You can also use the configuration menu within the homebrew. All changes to the configuration are saved in a config file.
A - Take screenshots
D-Pad - Cycle through text colors
L/R - Change background colors
Select - Config menu
- (1.11) Fixed white background not being properly available.
- Added a pretty animation to simulate typing a shell command.
- Cycling left text colors now additionally cycles the CFW logo color.
- Exact battery percentage is shown.
- Luma CFW now displays the version number with it.
- Added detection for Cakes CFW.
- Added detection for Corbenik CFW.
- Added detection for RX Tools CFW.
- Added detection for Rei CFW.