3DS.py is a WIP port of the Python 3.6.9 interpreter to the Nintendo 3DS.
It allows you to run your Python scripts directly on the 3DS by having the interpreter embedded into a homebrew application that launches a main.py script from the same directory.
Copy the entire 3DS.py folder to the 3ds directory of your SD card and navigate into it. You should see a 3DS.py.3dsx application.
The same directory also contains the entire Python standard library and a main.py file.
To run your own projects, copy all source files into the 3DS.py directory and "start" your application from within the main.py file (this is the entry point to any Python homebrew).
Please see https://github.com/vbe0201/3DS.py/issues.
- 3DBrew for their extensive documentation and research pertaining to the 3DS.
- devkitPro for their devkitARM toolchain.
- smea for the [ ctrulib] project.
- David Buchanan for troubleshooting assistance.
- Fenrir for his support and the ctru-rs project that helped with the condition variables implementation.
- Richard Caseres for the awesome app icon he designed.