From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
A Work In Progress media player for 3ds using ffmpeg!
- Latest ctrulib
- ffmpeg compiled with the following instructions #Building ##FFMPEG
- Copy the ffmpeg-configure3ds script in your ffmpeg source folder
- Open a shell/command line in ffmpeg directory
- Windows users please use
shbefore starting the script
- make install This will compile ffmpeg (with only a few features) with devkitArm and install it as a portlib
With the Makefile Simply use
mkdir cbuild && cd cbuild
- On *NIX
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=DevkitArm3DS.cmake ..
- On Windows
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=DevkitArm3DS.cmake -G"Unix Makefiles" ..
makeMore information on the 3ds-cmake repository.
Usage At the moment, you have to specify the file path in the main.c file at compilation time.
- MPEG4, H.264
- Hardware acceleration with Y2R for YUV -> RGB conversions
- Sync and time adjustment
- File Browser and Menu
- More formats and track selection
- Use the MVD service for the new3ds #Random informations Use a video with dimensions multiple of 8 for best performance ! Videos up to 1024x1024 are supported (but eh, that won't run fullspeed you know)
- Actually only if width < 800 if you set up the framebuffers to be using RGBA Prefer simple MPEG4 to H.264 ! (H.264 is ~4 times slower)
Some stats (video only, old 3ds) :
- 400x240 mpeg4 -> 37fps
- 400x240 h264 -> 16fps The new3ds is way faster