This is a SEGA Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000 emulator for the NDS, it can also play some Coleco games if you add it's Bios.
- Most things you'd expect from an SMS emulator.
- Correct sprite collision and overflow.
- Speech samples.
- YM2413 emulation.
- EEPROM save for the few GG games that use it.
- Download and extract file, DIDL patch it (depend on flashcard).
- Create a "S8DS" directory either in the root of your card or in the data directory (eg h:\data\S8DS).
- Put games on flash card, max 512 games per folder (shouldn't be a problem if separate SMS, GG, SG & Coleco games into different folders).
- Filenames must not be longer than 62 chars.
- You can use zipped files (as long as they use the deflate compression).
- The emulator should also recognise SMS games for SEGAs MegaTech arcade machine and 2 of the SG-1000 arcade games (using MAME zip files).
Access GUI - L+R (shoulder buttons) or by touching the screen.
Change tabs by pressing the L or R button.
Going to the left most tab exits the GUI.
Closing your DS puts the emulator in sleep mode.
Load Game: Load State: Select which state you want to load. Save State: Select if you want to overwrite an old state or create a new. Save Settings: Eject Game: Power On/Off: Reset Game:
Controller: Autofire: Select if you want autofire. Controller: 2P control player 2. Swap A/B: Swap which NDS button is mapped to which SMS/GG button. Use X as Start: Map the NDS X button to the GG Start button. Use Select as Reset: Map the NDS SELECT button to the SMS Reset button. Use R as FastForward: Select turbo speed as long as R button is held.
Display: Display: Here you can select if you want scaled or unscaled screenmode. Scaling: Here you can select if you want flicker or barebones lineskip. Gamma: Lets you change the gamma ("brightness"). Color: Lets you change the color. GG Border: Lets you change between black, bordercolor and none. Perfect sprites: Uses a bit more cpu but is worth it. Disable background: Turn on/off background rendering. Disable sprites: Turn on/off sprite rendering.
Machine: Region: Change the region of the SMS and video standard. Machine: Here you can select the hardware, Auto should work for most games. Bios Settings: Use Bios: Here you can select if you want to use the selected BIOSes. Select Export Bios: Browse for export bios. Select Japanese Bios: Browse for japanese bios. Select GameGear Bios: Browse for GameGear bios. Select Coleco Bios: Browse for Coleco bios. Fake spritecollision: Some games require this, Pit Fighter doesn't like it.
Settings: Speed: Switch between speed modes, can also be toggled with L+START. Normal: Standard, 100% speed. Fast: Double, 200% speed. Max: Fastest, 400% speed. Slowmo: Slow, 50% speed. FPS_Meter: Toggle fps meter. Autosleep: Change the autosleep time, also see Sleep. !!!DoesntWork!!! Autoload state: Toggle Savestate autoloading. Automagicaly load the savestate associated with the selected game. Powersave 2nd Screen: If graphics/light should be turned off for the GUI screen when GUI is not active. Emulator on Bottom: Select if top or bottom screen should be used for emulator, when GUI is active emulator screen is allways on top.
- max 512 games per folder
- must use deflate compression on .zip files
- close the menu on the touchscreen after you load a game because the top screen is frozen and won't start the game until the menu is closed
V0.7 - 2010-01-16
- Fixed Super Tetris & Frogger proto when machine is set to "Auto".
- Fixed PGA Tour Golf (low bits of VDP Stat not zero).
- Changed palette buffering to middle of screen.
- Changed default scale mode to "Scale To Fit".
V0.6 - 2010-01-07
- Added option to turn off 3D display.
- Fixed color/saturation setting for SG/Coleco games.
- Fixed some bogus handling of the 3D display mode.
- Fixed "Perfect Sprites" mode, should now be used as default.
- Changed startup values for VDP regs 0,1 & 10, might break something.
- Changed sound renderer to be more correct.
- Removed PAL timing for GG.
V0.5 - 2009-12-02
- Added support for Coleco Vision.
- Added keyboard support for SC-3000/SG-1000.
- Added support for mode 3 graphics.
- Added support for red/cyan glasses in SMS 3D games.
- Added color/saturation setting to display.
- Fixed issues with mode 0,1 & 2 graphics.
- Fixed cut off of long filenames in the browser.
- Fixed timing of VInt.
- Changed colors for the filebrowser.
V0.4 - 2009-11-01
- Added R as FastForward.
- Fixed Bios handling on MD (Frogger proto GG2SMS works).
- Fixed "Border Off" for GG.
- Sprite collision is now "On" by default.
- Changed R as GG start to X as GG Start.
V0.3 - 2009-10-20
- Fixed Bios handling a bit (GG games works again).
V0.2 - 2009-10-19
- After loading game GUI is automatically closed.
- Added internal Bios (for Ace of Aces & Shadow Dancer).
V0.1 - 2009-10-13
- Initial release, allmost everything from SMSAdvance seems to work.
V0.0 - 2009-07-25
- Started Coding.
Reesy for help with the Z80 emu core.
Some MAME people + Maxim for the SN76496 info.
Charles MacDonald (http://cgfm2.emuviews.com/) for VDP info.
Omar Cornut (http://www.smspower.org/) for help with various SMS stuff.
The crew at PocketHeaven for their support.