OpenTitus for 3DS is a port of the game engine behind the DOS versions of Titus the Fox and Moktar.
OpenTitus is a rewrite of the game engine used in the old DOS-based games Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back (1992) and Lagaf': Les Aventures de Moktar - Vol 1: La Zoubida (1991). The aim is to make the games playable on new platforms, in addition to new possibilities in the engine. For portability, OpenTitus uses SDL, which are ported to many platforms. Porting to a new platform would require minimal modifications to the engine.
Note: You will need a Old or New3DS and a copy of the game to use these builds.
OpenTitus is able to play:
- Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back (1992) (Titus).
- Lagaf': Les Aventures de Moktar - Vol 1: La Zoubida (1991) (Moktar).
Make sure to use the appropriate build for your device:
- LOW_FREQ (TITUS and MOKTAR) - Only for old3DS (lowest possible audio quality, but near full speed).
- CIA (TITUS and MOKTAR) - For other 3DS models.
To install, copy the OpenTitus folder from the archive in sd:/3ds/.
- For titus build, place gamefiles into sd:/3ds/OpenTitus/titus/.
- For moktar build, place gamefiles from into sd:/3ds/OpenTitus/moktar/.
D-pad - Movement
A - Throw. Pickup
B - Jump
Y - Show health bar
Start - Show status screen, Pause
Select - Exit
LT - Amiga Skyline On/OFF
ZR - Audio On/OFF
ZL - Show Debug stats (disabled in current build)
- Low frequency audio for old3DS.
- .cia builds.
- GitHub release.
- Support for 'Moktar'.
- Fixed password input.
- Updated source to 0.8.1 including:
- Fixed sprite issues.
- Added Amiga Skylines.
- Initial release.