FSPDS is a homebrew application that allows you to play DSi Flipnote Studio .ppm files on Nintendo DS (Lite) directly from your flashcard.
Released in 2009, Flipnote Studio is a free downloadable application for the Nintendo DSi which allows users to create frame-by-frame flipbook-style animations with the console's touch screen, cameras and microphone.
Create a new folder named flipnotes at the root of your SD card.
Copy your favorite flipnotes (in PPM format) to flipnotes directory.
Copy FSPDS.nds (DLDI if needed) anywhere to your SD card.
FSPDS does not detect/play flipnotes larger than 1MB.
You can have up to 1024 files in flipnotes directory.
The flipnote's BGM track should be smaller than 512KB in order to be played correctly.
D-Pad - Select a file from the menu
A - Play
L/R - Navigate through bottom-screen tabs
Playing DSi Flipnote Studio files on DS Phat/Lite (NotImpLife)
Tested on R4(i) flashcards and melonDS emulator.
- Removed debugging artifacts from the player menu.
- Updated version label on the bottom side of the border.
- Proudly announce the sound pause/resume issue have been fixed.
- Fixed a minor inconsistence regarding the display of fatal error messages.
- First release. Can render frames, but no sound.
- Guys from DSiBrew and Flipnote Collective for their awesome documentation on .PPM file format.
- devkitPro for their compiler, ndslib and examples.
- The authors behind GodMode9i for the idea of overwriting character fonts.
- Drenn1/GameYob for help figuring out how to work with makefiles.
- RinLovesYou for her ADPCM to PCM Decode method from PPMLib.