BlueMSXBox BlueMSX Emulator port for XBox v8b3
Updated to madmab edition interface CFv1b17. See "Interface Changelog.txt"
BlueMSXBox BlueMSX Emulator port for XBox v8b2
Updated to madmab edition interface CFv1b14. See "Interface Changelog.txt"
BlueMSXBox BlueMSX Emulator port for XBox v8b1
Updated to madmab edition interface CFv1b08. See "Interface Changelog.txt"
BlueMSXBox BlueMSX Emulator port for XBox v8
"Lock free.. like it should be!" "Always looking for new stuff rather than being satisfied with what is there"
First off... "You must have at least ONE rom for our emulator to work. Really... how else are you gonna play you silly wabbit?". :P
X-port for porting a great collection of emu's over to the xbox, releasing the source code, and answering my stupid questions. Surreal CE team - Just because they are cool! +T+, iq_132, NeoBomb, and XtecuterX73 for helping keep the xbox-scene alive. Atariage (Albert in particular) - For providing a place for me to ramble on. For encouragement in general. Wimpy and Perr - For also providing a place for me to ramble and to make my goods available. :) Gilou9999 for new COLOUR SD and HDTV skins, synopsis, suggestions, rumble codes, etc. Bombbloke for converting the BlueMSX cheat codes to a format my code uses. Bigby for working thru the tortuous process of doing Xtras for the MSX and noticing alot of longstanding issues with BlueMSXxbox. May your legacy live. Cbagy for providing 3d boxart templates for the MSX Xtras. Cospefogo for the onscreen keyboard used by BlueMSXBox. Frank Morris for fixing the minor spelling error in the onscreen keyboard. Shout out to Hyper_Eye, SPPV, hcf, A600, Destronger, +T+, Neobomb, incrediclint, Surreal CE team and all those who are honourable and keep the xbox-scene alive. Comments of support from various interested parties. If I missed anybody shoot me an email and I'll update this file.
Notes regarding The Xtras
Sometimes starting or getting a game going can be confusing. Here were my observations that might be helpful.
Alot of times pressing A will get a game going. If that dont work try Y. Some games prefer a function key be pressed to start. Just bring up the onscreen keyboard and select that function key.
The numbers 1-4 are mapped to the right analog stick. 1 = RA up, 2 = RA left, 3 = RA right, 4 = RA down. 0 is mapped to white.
F1-F4 are mapped to holding left trigger and the right analog stick. F1 = LT+RA Up, F2 = LT+RA Left, F3 = LT+RA Right, F4 = LT+RA down. F5 is mapped to black.
There are some games where you have to hold either CTRL or SHIFT to load them. Just hold down black for these games to work. These games are noted in the compatibility spreadsheet and the game's synopsis.
Changes To Bluemsx Core
- Nausicaa and Super Billiards DB configs have been fixed. Be sure to delete your save configuration for these so that the proper settings will be picked up from the config database.
- The following games no longer have screen flicker. Aquattack, Bosconian, Butamaru Pants, Daidassom, Dig Dug, Elevator Action, Front Line, Galaga, King & Balloon, Mappy, Nausicaa, Pac-Man, Rally-X, Super Snake, Tank Battalion, Warp & Warp
- Added new option to allow the mapper to be specified for those stubborn roms that autodetect does not work for.
- Spy vs Spy 2 now working
- AshGuine II (ENG), AshGuine II (ENG+MA), AshGuine II (ENG+MM), Back To The Future, Borfes And The 5 Demons, Car Jamboree, Dragon Slayer Jr - Romancia, Dragon Slayer IV - Drasle Family (Translated), Price Of Magik and Super Pierrot working thanks to new mapper selection option. Be sure to delete your save configuration for these so that the proper settings will be picked up from the config database.
- Manbow 2 working thanks to a newly added mapper.
Interface Related Changes
- Fixed an issue where changing the "Samba Nameserver" would also ask you for the "Relax Share Name" when you were done.
- Improved game preview network streaming. I like to call it "pseudo-streaming" so streaming game previews off a network should be ALOT smoother now.
- "Pseudo Streaming" defaults to off. So if you want to turn it on go into "Screenshot/Movie Preview Settings" and turn it on. I'm doing this until I get more feedback concerning the performance of it.
- Removed pop-up that says "Select The Cheatcode File You Wish To Use." per Dominater01's request.
- The two Preset Controller menu options have been moved to the "controller configuration" menu. I did this cause several emu's use this feature now and to help reduce clutter in the in-game menu.
- Fixed blank pop-up message when trying to display the cheat codes when there are none.
- Fixed issues where media would not display when a directory with a period in it was highlighted.
- Added option to "Refresh DVD Drive". It is currently in the "Utilities Menu"
- Finally added option to "Shutdown Xbox". It is currently in the "Main Menu" however I have my reservations about it's location. I'd prefer to have it in the "Utilities Menu". You can disable this menu in the "Dummy/Lockdown Mode Settings" menu.
- Partial >4096 file support put in. If you have more than 4096 title or action shots put them in a directory named "action01" and "titles01".
- Checks put into the cheatcode database checker to let you know if the file is to big or has too many game entries and needs to be split up.
- Gilou9999's HD Colour skins should work properly now (no weird hacks). Be sure to at least copy over the "settings.ini" files in the skin directory and the skin "configurations" directories and "reload the skin".
- Added new skin transition option "none". Real handy for skins like Gilou9999's that uses the HD sprite trick.
- Windows 7 users should have no more weird issues on samba shares! Woohoo!
- Fixed issue where emulator menu video mode was reverting to last played games video mode in emu's that support game specific video modes.
- Added in a feature "Sprites Used As Background? Yes/No" to allow the use of "sprites" as the background. Setting this to "Yes" allows the game screenshot to be seen in the IGM as well as the savestate screenshots in the select state menu. However skin designers keep in mind the more memory your skin uses the less room that leaves for me to add new features. Things are tight enough as it is.
- Fixed an issue where the synopsis was not always displaying for an unzipped file.
- Fixed a weird issue where if you are missing the "Title" or "Action" directory/picture for a game it would not be displayed correctly in the gameselect or favorites screen.
- Synopsis screen transition now works like it is supposed to.
- Fixed an issue where the preset controller settings were not saved properly (sorry guys. :( ). This only effects certain emus with preset controller definitions.
- Synopsis code completely rewritten to support the new synopsis format. Old synopsis.txt file is now officially defunct! :P
- Another new option "Use Default Emu Filter?". This will apply a preset filter custom designed for each emu core. It is also used internally by the synopsis code so user interaction is not required in some cases (like when a .zip file contains NFO or text file).
- modified L/R file scrolling so it doesnt kick off the movie so quickly. Hopefully this will fix interference from movies being accessed from a samba or relax share.
- Fixed long standing issue with "Autoload last savestate" where it could potentially pick the wrong savestate. Of course it also helps to make sure your xbox date is set correctly. :P
- Now have the ability to display long names for games. This currently relies on having Xtras ROM files. In the future I will be providing other options.
- Fixed issue where emu would lock up if the media directory path was longer that 36 characters. (Thanks to those who reported it and AMOC for testing for me)
- Fixed issue where emulator would lock up in favorites menu if you start removing games from the bottom up ..
- Fixed issue with wacky numbers when trying to adjust the volumes while in the IGM.