From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
NesterDS is a DS port of Nester. It emulates the NES/Famicom handheld game console.
Use the primitive ROM insertion tool included in the archive to put in the NES ROM of your choice.
Currently only one ROM at a time is supported.
- Vastly improved compatibility by fixing several mapper problems.
- Got rid of alternate-line rendering.
- Lots of speed-ups (better DTCM management, changed screen writes to occur during actual scanline routines, lots of other stuff).
- Converted code-base to pure C, moved to devkitARM r19b.
- Sound. Sound processing is done almost entirely on the arm7 and so comes with no noticeable performance penalty, and the actual sound processing is still faithful to the original nester core.
- General performance improvements, and decent code cleanup.
- Scanline speed hack disabled by default, makes lots of games work that were broken before. Said hack is still available as a toggle option.
- Reset option (X+start).
- Hardware scaling to fit output to DS screen resolution.
- All options are now listed and updated when changed on the sub screen.
- Made auto-framerate option work better.
- Other things too lazy to make notes of.
- 50% more ninjas.
- First release.
Darren Ranalli (original author of Nester).
Author of NesterDC.
Authors of NDSLib and DSEmu.
Everyone else who has constributed to the wealth of knowledge.