|Last Updated||2007-09-09 00:00:00|
NDSMail is a RSS and POP mail client.
- Supports GMail (confirmed Oct 2009).
- OP3/SMTP mail server support.
- RSS/ATOM feed support.
- simple HTML viewer.
- multiple account support.
- SSL support.
- Settings and Mails are saved to XML files.
Extract ndsmail.nds to the apps folder of your card (DLDI patching not needed).
Start ndsmail from your card's menu.
Ignore any errors they will go away once you have set up your email account.
Go into the settings section to add your email and rss feeds.
Do not go into the Wi-Fi settings if your Wi-Fi network uses WEP, instead set it up using a Retail game.
NDS Mail uses an xml file (called NDSMAIL.XML) to record the various email accounts you want to access.
In order to use hotmail/gmail, You'll need the location of your POP Server and Port, Username/Password, SMTP Server and Port and your MailAddress.
This information can be found in your email program are as follows:
- For Outlook Express or Windows Mail, go to Tools> Accounts then highlight a Mail account and click the Properties button.
- For Outlook, go to Tools> Email Accounts then highlight a Mail account and click the Properties button.
Use these settings to access your Hotmail account. As of Oct 2009 Hotmail gives an error: SSL_Connect returned:-8.
- POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
- POP SSL required? Yes
- User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example [email protected]
- Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
- SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25)
- POP Server: pop.gmail.com
- POP Port: 995
- User name: [email protected]
- Password: your_password
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- Mail Address: [email protected]
- Real Name: Your name
- SSL: 1
It cannot connect to the access point.
- Try to disable WEP.
- Try to disable packet fragmentation.
- Make sure your SSID is visible.
- Check if wifi_lib_test can connect.
If non-alphanumeric characters, such as ", ', <, >, are used in password field, can cause NDSMail to crash.
If NDSMail crashes with FAT support enabled, disable it.
- SSL working again.
- SMTP fixes.
- Feed URL corruption fixed.
- Many, many more.
- Proper (or at least improved) MIME parser.
- New buttons.
- XML settings and mail data files.
- Outbox folder.
- Added button to clear folder.
- Rewrote some ui drawing routines.
- New keyboard.
- Updated to devkitpro 19b.
- Updated to libfat.
- Updated to new wifi library.
- SSL is currently broken.
- Fixed "ERROR: mail can't be displayed (RM02)" when switching between mails and feeds.
- Added button for feeds (thx Red XIII).
- Added checkbox element.
- Info screen with update function.
- Download mail manually (A-Button) working again (verify).
- Latest wifi lib.
- Author's website - http://blog.bronto-online.de