MMSPlus is a Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator. It's a port from SMSPlus, with improved compatibility, features a rich interface with simple effects and good usability. It is also fully skinnable.
It was one of the contest entries for the Neo Summer Coding Compo 2006 (PSP Applications, 3rd place).
- Most SMS games run perfectly at 166 MHz and Game Gear at 133 MHz.
- No more sound glitches.
- Can play GYM music files (Files are placed in a ZIP file, used as a playlist. 6 sample are included in the emulator directory as music.zip).
- Nice interface, skinnable and with a lot of options.
- Save state images are generated in real time rather than being stored in the save file itself.
- Can redefine all keys, including shortcuts (like state change/save/load, turbo mode, pause, reset).
- Auto-repeat feature.
- Can also set the in-game screen as a background, useful to continue at the heart of action.
- Nice icons by Phoebius, backgrounds by Japi.
Put the folders MMSPlus and MMSPlus% in the /PSP/GAME/ directory of your Memory Stick or install it like every other PSP application.
Then put your ROMs somewhere on your Memory Stick. You should regroup them in one folder, so that it's easier to find and play them.
Start MMSPlus. It will display a menu where Load ROM is the first selected option. Select it with the Cross button.
You will be brought to a list of the folders located in your ms0:/PSP/GAME/ directory.
When ROMs (GG, SMS, ZIP) are available, they're displayed just after the folders. Select a ROM and the game will be loaded and started automatically.
Cross - Select an article or rom
Circle - Return
Square - Change configurations
Triangle - Back to parent folder, Save configurations
D-Pad/Analog - Navigate
MMSPlus doesn't support YM2413 (FM) chip emulation, found in some Mark 3 and japanese Master System models.
- Plays VGM files (Master System Music).
- Supports ID3 for VGM.
- Save screenshots.
- Improved graphical environment.
- Bug fixes.
Programming: Florian Brönnimann (Brunni).
Icons: Steeven Flores (Phoebius).
- Author's website - http://www.mobile-dev.ch/old.php?page=home
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3021.0