From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Version||1.2 (7 Oct 2007)|
Dsmtools is a suite of tools for converting common video formats such as FLV, AVI and MPEG into DSM0/1/2 format.
The entire package contains the following tools:
- Conversion software that encodes various video files into DSM files.
- A setting editor for specifying the target range and frame rate in detail when encoding with dsmenc.
- Save the extended configuration file and load it with dsmenc.
- A tool that displays detailed information about the DSM file.
- It is a tool to play and check DSM files on Windows.
- A tool that separates DSM files while decoding them into video and audio.
- The video file format is PNG and the audio file format is WAV.
Before using any of the above tools, you will need to install ffdshow and initalize all the ffdshow settings (comes with the package).
Videos can be converted into the following formats:
- This format is currently unused. It is left for compatibility only.
- It can be played in DSMPlay Ver0.2 or higher.
- Format that seeks high frame rate. It is encoded at a frame rate of more than 25fps. 1GByte may be more than 30 minutes.
- It can be played in DSMPlay Ver0.5 or above.
- A format that will be encoded in frame rate 25fps. It has no effect on non-animation videos, but it can be reduced to about half for anime videos.
- It can be played in DSMPlay Ver0.7 or above.