XMugen-linux is not an xbox port of mugen, it's a mini linux distro reduced to it's minimum in order to launch mugen.
BEWARE: it's a BETA version !
If you want to add things into mugen, refer to the web pages you will find on internet (take care about the linux compatibility of these addons).
Installation and use:
- Uncompress the xmugen archive.
- Copy the linuxboot.cfg into the root of e (if you have a linux installed into
- your xbox, add the content of this file into your own linuxboot.cfg).
- Copy ird-loop.gz and bzImage into e/mugen/
- Copy all the others files from the mugen directory into a mugen directory of
- the partition of your choice ( e f or g).
- Install the default.xbe somewhere and add a link from your dashboard to this xbe.
- Launch the xbe (gentoox loader)
- Wait for linux to boot and after mugen should start.
- To answer y, press the left analog stick.
- To answer F1, press the right analog stick.
- To escape a menu or game, press back.
To play on CD/DVD
- Edit the "launch" file with notepad to have sleep 10 instead of sleep 1.
- burn all the file from the archive on CDR-W/DVDR-W with ISO/UDF format (both).
- Add a proper reboot when exit mugen (partition are not unmounted in current version of Xmugen-linux!)
- use the real joy2key instead of my ugly hack !
Chips (c) 2005 - On my web page, you'll find my others xbox project:
- thomson to7 emulator.
- macintosh emulator.
- vectrex emulator.
- zx81 emulator.
- customisation of xecuter logo xecuter for x2 bios. and the source code of all my emulators & ports !