World of Sand 1.0
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|World of Sand|
World of Sand DS v1.0 is a World of Sand homebrew port for the DS. It is a homebrew port of the hypnotic game called Falling Sand by Dofi.
For starters, the four elements that fall infinitely display are: sand, water, salt, oil. There are different tools with distinctive characteristics:
Delete: delete Any element.
Walls: will draw walls that are not subject to gravity.
Arena: arena where pinchemos appear.
Ice: ice does not melt in water, only with salt, fire and acid.
Water: can evaporate, but not frozen.
Plant: the plant acts as the walls, but is weaker. If in contact with water, the plant will be eating it until it disappears. The salt water removes it. If burned, ashes appear, and these can be mixed with water.
Salt: may be mixed with the water by salt water.
Water tap: make a water jet under gravity that made water around the edges.
Oil: flammable with fire, but does not explode.
Fire: can burn everything.
Candle wax: not subject to gravity. The fire can turn on and use as a wick, but it is very slow.
Cataclysm: corrosive acid cloud. Useful if want to erase, especially when combined with the trigger L.
Napalm: clerk as lava, but with less force.
Fresh cement: will be solidifies.
Acid: an evolution of the napalm, but it only affects the ice, ground, wall, water, cement, salt and oil.
Highly corrosive acid: powerful that may eliminate all elements.
D-pad - choose tool
X/Y - choose the thickness of the tool (fits all)
L + Stylus - make straight lines with the elements
Stylus - drawing
Tested on: Flash cart TTDS (Top Toy Ds) with firmware 1.15
- Flash cart Ninjapass X9 with unknown firmware
- Original R4 Flash Cart with firmware 1.18
- Ez Flash Vi Flash Cart with firmware 1.90 beta 11
- Flash cart M3 Ds Real with M3 Sakura firmware 1.40 Sistem
- ITouch DS Flash cart with firmware 1.30
- Flashcard Acekard 2i with unknown firmware
- Speed. Speed, speed, speed -- WoS now utilises both the arm7 and the arm9 in its schemings^Wcalculations, so the peak fps is somewhere around 21fps instead of 10.
- New materials: Spout, Snow, Liquid fire, Concrete, Acid and Antimatter, plus several new reactions (those you'll have to discover for yourself :))
- You can now draw lines of varying thickness.
- You can toggle the flows on and off.