Still Alive DS
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Still Alive DS|
|Type||Platform Puzzle Shooter|
Still Alive DS is a homebrew game inspired by Portal: The Flash Version, a 2D version of Portal that combines platforming, first person shooting, and physics based puzzle solving. This game features a story mode, custom maps, custom campaigns, maps editor and you can download new maps from WiFi.
It was ranked 1st in the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2008. It was voted the 6th Top DS homebrew in the 2009 best DS homebrew contest.
- Multi-language (Spanish, French, German and English).
- Story mode.
- Edit mode for custom maps.
- Wi-Fi to download custom maps.
- Custom themes.
- Compatible with DSMotion.
The objective of the game is similar to 3D counterpart, which is to make your way to the level's exit by using your portal gun, and occasionally jumping. Although to make the game more challenging, in order to complete the room, you must collect pieces of cake before the exit will become active.
The controls are catered for both left and right handed players.
Stylus - Aim the gun at movable object/portal compatible surfaces (non-compatible surfaces are clearly marked with black and yellow)
Left/Right or A/Y - Move left/right
Down/B - Fire an orange portal
Up/X - Jump
L/R - Fire a blue portal
Start - Pause menu
DS Fire card
Bugs fixed since Forum-Only Beta
- You don't see maps starting with "._" anymore (For all us Finder users).
- Corrected the "crates on platform" bug where an object on a crate that is on a platform is not considered on the platform (so this object doesn't move at all).
- Added a red aim line to turrets so that you know that they're aiming at you.
- Added a line to show the trail of bullets.