Still Alive DS
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Still Alive DS|
Still Alive is a 2d portal homebrew inspired by Portal The Flash Version, combining platforming, first person shooting, and physics based puzzle solving. It is a renewal of Portal: The Flash Version which is a 2D version of Portal. This game features a story mode, custom maps, custom campaigns, maps editor and you can download new maps from wifi.
It was ranked 1st in the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2008 Coding. It was voted the 6th Top DS homebrew in the 2009 best DS homebrew contest.
- Community features, such as map sharing or high-scores upload
- Flashcards compatibles: R4, R4i-SDHC, Cyclo DS, DSTT, M3 Real, M3i Zero, iTouch, M3 Simply, G6, DS One, Ez V, Acekard, Acekard 2, Acerkard 2i, Edge, DS-Xtreme, DS Linker, DS link, DS Fire card, N5, Ninjapass X9, Ninja DS
The objective of the game is similar to that of its 3D counterpart, to make your way to the levels' exit by using your portal gun, and occasionally jumping. Although to make the game more challenging, in order to complete the room, the player must collect pieces of cake before the exit will become "active."
The controls are cater to both left and right handed players.
Stylus - aim the gun at either portal compatible surfaces (non-compatible surfaces are clearly marked with black and yellow), or at movable objects
Left or right/A or Y - move left and right
Down/B - fire an orange portal
L or R - fire a blue portal.
Bugs fixed since Forum-Only Beta:
- you don't see maps starting with "._" anymore (For all us Finder users!)
- corrected the "crates on platform" bug where an object on a crate that is on a platform is not considered on the platform (so this object doesn't move at all)
- added a red aim line to turrets so that you know that they're aiming at you
- added a line to show the trail of bullets