This is my initial Xbox port of Road Fighter Remake by Brain Games.
A remake of the MSX racing game Road Fighter
-- GAME CONTROLS --
- DPAD/JOYSTICK = Movement
- A BUTTON = GAS
- R TRIGGER = GAS
- START BUTTON = PAUSE
- CLICK RIGHT STICK FOR SCREEN RESIZER
NOTE: Its best to resize the screen at the disclaimer because of the nice white borders.
Lantus for porting SDL, Hyper_Eye for updating it, Brain Games for making the game. Moreira for the Wii port, which brought the main menu, virtual keyboard, etc.
Thanks to all the staff at EmuXtras.Net for sticking around and keeping the site active, as well as the ever growing user-base we have there.
Special thanks to Hyper_Eye for solving an issue I was having loading the game maps!
==== -- ROAD FIGHTER REMAKE --====
This game was developed for the RETRO-REMAKES REMAKE COMPETITION organized by http://www.remakes.org hoping to win a prize! ;) We hope that you can enjoy playing it as much as we have enjoyed developing it!! If you want to know more about this game, you can visit: http://www.braingames.getput.com After the competition deadline, you will be able to find more information about the game there.
-- INSTRUCTIONS --
To play RoadFighter, just execute the RoadFighter.exe executable file. The main menu can be browsed using cursor keys, space and the escape keys:
- cursor up/cursor down: browsing among options
- space/cursor right: selecting an option
- escape/cursor left: go to the previous menu
To play the game, just select 1 or 2 players. Then you can choose a game level:
- GAME A: For novices. You may want to play in this mode the first time you play the game.
- GAME B: For advanced players. The game is quite hard to complete in this game level.
- GAME C: For crazy players. In this game levels, you will have _serious_problems to end the game.
In Road Fighter you drive a car. It is a death-race between you and a group of crazy drivers. To play the game, you just need three keys: left, right and accelerate. All three can be redefined in the main menu. During the game, you can go back to the main menu by pressing the escape key. You can press the backspace key if you want to restart a game. To puse the game press F1
The game is divided in 6 stages. In each stage, the goal is to reach the checkpoints before your car runs out of fuel. Easy? You may think so, but there are many obstacles between your car and the checkpoints:
- Green cars: these drivers are unlucky enough to be on the same road where your crazy race is taking place.
- Blue cars: your adversaries, you can usually go faster than them. But don't be so sure, they can surprise you!
- Pink cars: suicide drivers. These cars will try to crash into you when you pass them.
- Trucks: you'd better avoid them
- Water: will brake your car
- Oil: wil make your car skid
- Rocks: you shouldn't crash on a rock... if you can!
During the race, you should try not to hit the borders of the road. But some of the other cars will try to make you crash...
Another important issue is the fuel. You should try to collect all the fuel recharges that you can during the game. They are represented by the pink hearts.
-- DISCLAIMER --
This is the unofficial remake of Konami's ROAD FIGHTER which was originally released in 1985 for the MSX home computer systems.
Making sure that Konami won't sue us, we are telling you that we are not related to Konami in any way except for liking their excellent games.
Also, this is a not-for-profit remake. So, we don't get any money from remaking this or any other Konami titles.
-- CREDITS --
Programming: Santi Ontañón Graphics: Miikka Poikela Music/SFX: Jorrith Schaap Beta Testing: Jason Eames, Miikka Poikela, Jorrith Schaap, Santi Ontañón
-- SPECIAL THANKS TO --
The Retro Remakes crew, for organizing this wonderful competition!
- Konami, for releasing the original game!
- Lars the 18TH, for the gamemap picture
- Manuel Bilderbeek, for the Linux port