From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||Aaron "AerialX", tueidj, Tempus, megazig|
Riivolution is an on-the-fly game patcher for use with retail discs. It allows users to place content on their SD or USB devices, which will be read by the game during regular play.
It can be used for custom textures, music, levels, memory patches, game translations, and more!
- 1 Install
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 Does Riivolution work with my backups or USB loaders?
- 2.2 Does Riivolution work with my PAL/NTSC/JAP Wii/game?
- 2.3 What IOS does it need installed?
- 2.4 Does Riivolution work with Game X?
- 2.5 What does the "Install" button do?
- 2.6 Can I use Ocarina / Gecko codes with it?
- 2.7 Uhh, how do I use this?
- 2.8 Network support? Awesome, how do I use it?
- 2.9 Can I see it in action?
- 3 Changelog
To install Riivolution, extract the apps folder from the download onto an SD card and run Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel. Bannerbomb can also be used.
Once Riivolution is installed, you will need some patches to start playing with! Check out the Patch Templates to start, or read the FAQ.
Does Riivolution work with my backups or USB loaders?
No. And that's not a bug.
Does Riivolution work with my PAL/NTSC/JAP Wii/game?
What IOS does it need installed?
Riivolution requires an updated IOS37; if you're on System Menu 4.2 or 4.3 you don't need to do anything. If it's not installed or the proper version it will be installed the first time Riivolution is run.
Alternatively, you can also use NUSD or DOP-IOS to install it - with all patches disabled.
Does Riivolution work with Game X?
I probably haven't played it, but yes, it should; try it. If it doesn't work, report it - some games known to reload IOS will require specific patches to work.
Games that have specifically been tested include Fatal Frame 4, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Rock Band, among others.
It will install a Riivolution channel onto your System Menu for easy access. This can always be uninstalled.
Can I use Ocarina / Gecko codes with it?
Normally, Riivolution just supports direct memory patches. However, Riivolution supports a patching method that can be used with the Gecko OS code handler.
Read more about that here.
Uhh, how do I use this?
As a user, you need to either download patch packages made by someone else or make your own.
Network support? Awesome, how do I use it?
Can I see it in action?
Sure. Look that-a-way ->'"`UNIQ--youtube-00000002-QINU`"'
September 16th, 2010
- This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve the overall system performance.
- System Menu 4.3v2 compatibility (September 8th, 2010 update)
- New savefile redirection feature
June 22nd, 2010
- System Menu 4.3 compatibility
- Wii slot light filesystem indicator
- Stability fixes for all filesystems
- Files close after a few seconds to allow them to be replaced over RiiFS
- Improved channel install
- No longer requires SD/USB
- RiiFS improvements
- Native C++ Server
- Connects automatically on a LAN without needing SD/USB
March 28th, 2010
- Disc file addition
- More memory patch improvements
- Network hostname lookups
- Network stability improvements
- Games will now connect to the network alongside Riivolution/RiiFS
- Foreign character support in XMLs (Latin-1)
March 22nd, 2010
- Memory patch improvements
- Mounted disk improvements
- Added network support
March 20th, 2010
- Initial release