PSP-FTPD is a simple FTP server for the PSP coded by Ludovic Jacomme (aka Zx-81). It permits to send and retrieve files or complete directories to and from your PSP without any cables, using your Wireless connection (WiFi), with a FTP client on your PC such as Filezilla.
It has been tested using gFtp on Linux, Filezilla and IExplorer on Windows.
Unzip the ZIP file, and copy the directory psp-ftpd on the /PSP/GAME/ directory (as any others homebrew).
If you want to use non-anonymous FTP transfert, you can edit the file psp-ftpd.cfg (with notepad for example) and specify a line without any blank characters:
If you don't want to let the all content of your Memory Stick visible to FTP clients, you can specify a root directory for the FTP server.
Edit the psp-ftpd.cfg file (using notedpad for example) and specify a line without any blank characters:
That way, PSP-FTPD will let see only the content of the /PSP/MUSIC/ directory (and its subdirectories) to FTP clients.
If you want to use the multiple user/homedir feature, then you can specify several couple lines with "auth" and "root" commands, as follows:
auth=umd:zx root=disc0: auth=ms:zx root=ms0:
On this example, using a FTP client with "umd" as login and "zx" as password you will be able to see the content of a UMD insterted in your PSP.
While using "ms" as login, and "zx" as password you will be able to browse your Memory Stick.
Run PSP-FTPD on your PSP, and choose your wifi access point and validate. After few seconds, you should see the message:
FTP Server is now running on ftp://192.168.0.10 (the IP of your connection).
If you use anonymous connection (without any password in the psp-ftpd.cfg file) then you can access your PSP using Internet Explorer with the previous URL (ftp://192.168.0.10).
If you use authentication, you have to specify user and password in the URL (for example, ftp://zx:[email protected]).
When you have finished to transfer/rename/remove files on your PSP, close the connection and it will go back to the eloader.
For FW 1.5, PSP-FTPD may sometimes fail to connect to your wifi access point. To overcome this problem you can use a static IP (instead of DHCP) in the network configuration of your PSP.
D-Pad - Choose between WiFi access points
Cross - Confirm Wifi access point
Square - Close connection
Developed on Firmware 2.5, works for 2.x and 1.5 using GTA eloader (0.97) from Ditlew and Fanjita; also tested on FW 4x-M33 and FW 3x-0E.
- Improve speed transfert (tested at home with 500k for download, 250k for upload).
- Tested on PSP slim with fw4x-m33.
- New graphics for EBOOT & background.
- Add music for EBOOT.
- Bug fix in battery status display.
- Compatible with fw3x-0E.
- Add battery status.
- Add Memory Stick free space status.
- Display FTP commands received by clients.
- Fix the bug identified by Danzel in all wifi stuff.
- UMD can now be read.
- Fix the well known issue of DHCP on 1.5FW.
- Ask and wait for the user to set the wifi switch on.
- Retry to connect to the wifi access point when an error occured on startup.
- The user can stop the wifi access point connection using  key.
- Add background designed by Cortès the Killer.
- Diplay IP address of the last connected FTP Client.
- You can now specify several user name, password and root directory in a configuration file (psp-ftpd.cfg) in order to host a FTP server with multi-user and multi root/home directories. See the psp-ftp.cfg file for the exact syntax.
- Capability to specify in a configuration file (psp-ftpd.cfg), a root directory for the ftp server, to prevent ftp clients to access all the content of your Memory Stick. See the psp-ftp.cfg file for the syntax [WARNING: the psp-ftp.cfg file format has changed].
- Improve transfert rate: 500kbps from PSP->PC and 350kbps from PC->PSP using Filezilla. DON'T USE Internet Explorer if you expect high transfer rates, use rather Filezilla or other suitable FTP clients.
- Bug fix in rename command, RNFR handshake message was not strictly compliant with the RFC, and it wasn't understood by IExplorer.
- Capability to specify in a configuration file (psp-ftpd.cfg), a couple user/password for FTP authentication.
- Add usage informations in the README file.
- Binary version for 1.5FW.
- Improve transfert rate (500kbps from PSP->PC, 200kbps from PC->PSP).
- A menu to select your WIFI Access point.
- A really working multi-threaded version that can handle several client at the same time, and exit properly.
- Removing all user/password security check stuff (useless for file transfert between a PC and a PSP).
- Capability to rename files (FTP commands RNFR and RNTO).
- Capability to download or upload recursively a complete directory.
- Many bug fixes.
- Working version for 2.5 and 2.6 FW.
Original Authors of PSP-FTPD: PSPKrazy and Raf.
Author of this new version: Ludovic.Jacomme.
- Old Design by Cortès the Killer.
- New Design using Raven's stuff.
- Eboot music.