PS3 Media Server
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|PS3 Media Server|
|Version||1.50.0 Beta 2|
PS3 Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server.
Originally written to support the PlayStation 3, PS3 Media Server has been expanded to support a range of other media renderers, including smartphones, televisions, music players and more - all of which are listed on the right.
Because it is written in Java, PS3 Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR and AviSynth, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats.
- Sony PlayStation 3
- Microsoft XBOX 360
- Sony Bravia
- Google Android
- Freebox HD
- Freecom MusicPal
- Pioneer Kuro
- Nokia N900
- Philips Aurea
- Philips Net TV
- Popcorn Hour
- Asus O!Play
- AC Ryan PlayOn!HD
- Brite-view CinemaTube
- Samsung televisions
- Philips Streamium
- Western Digital WD TV Live
- XBMC Media Center
- Backwards-incompatible API changes (for plugin developers/packagers) – see http://tinyurl.com/3qtgk5k for more details
- Updated binaries build script to include Linux support (thanks, happy.neko!)
- Updated OS X MPlayer to include fontconfig support
- Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks, JORDITO!)
- Updated German translation (thanks, smo!)
- Updated Dutch translation
- Added full featured IP filter with support for wildcards and ranges
- Improved network interface choosing algorithm now skips virtual interfaces
- Updated libraries (configuration, jgoodies and slf4j)
- Detect file system changes runtime (adding/removing folders/files).
- Updated JRE auto-download from 6u27 to 7u1
- Added option to create a desktop shortcut to the Windows installer
- Renderer image improvements
- Improvements to tab layouts
- Maximum bandwidth setting works
- Limit bandwidth to 110Mb/s by default which should solve a lot of “stuttering playback” reports
- Speeds displayed in Mb/s instead of Kb/s
- Recognise forced subtitles (thanks, ExSport!)
- Clarified English language labels
- Updated MPlayer and MEncoder on Windows from Sherpya’s old builds to SubJunk’s new builds which fixes *many playback issues, colour-conversion bugs and more (but possibly has drawbacks for some files, too)
- Main (Status) tab displays a large tick when it’s connected to a renderer instead of a PS3 or warning image
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.50 from 0.7.47