From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
LoneWolfDS is a gamebook, a kind of interactive fiction/choose your own adventure/RPG. They were novels which had a nice success during the 80's, and which were allowing the readers to choose their own path by jumping from one numbered section to another, with other nice ideas which were the precursors of what we find today in role playing video games.F. Calendini used the work from the Aon Project to adapt a Lone Wolf gamebook to the DS.
This adventure game is a conversion of the famous Lone Wolf gamebooks written by Joe Dever in the 80's.
The philosophy behind the port of the Lone Wolf books to the DS is to let the console handle all the rules related to combats, stats and so on, so the player can be really immersed in the story and doesn't need to bother with the gameplay elements.
It ranked 1st in the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008.
- In a fun and interactive way.
- Inventory, enemies fights, random dice results.
- Download and extract file
- DLDI patch it and copy it to the root directory of the card
Your goal is to go through the book by choosing your path and actions interactively. You will have to fight enemies, collect items and gold and make your choices wisely to survive this epic journey!
You can continue your adventure from the previous book, with all your stats/items and disciplines. To do so, you first have to save a game at the very last section of the previous volume, then launch the current book and select 'NEW GAME'. You should be offered to continue from a previous saved game.
The new version of this homebrew has been succesfully tested on the following linkers:
- CycloDS Evolution
- R6 Gold
- M3 Real (works with M3 manager 3.6. If it doesn't work, try launching it via DS Organize)
- M3 Perfect
- Supercard DS One
- Datel Games N Music
- G6 Real
- Max Media Player
- AceKard 2i + AKAIO
- Now a Spear and a Broadsword are present in section #182 (thanks DragonLord)
- Fixed a bug that may prevent you from taking back your Sommerswerd in section #278 (thanks Benoît F.)
- Fixed competence detection in section #126 (thanks Benoît F.)
- Fixed random table results in section #239 (thanks Benoît F.)
- Fixed a case where an instant kill was not activating any link in section #244 (thanks Stéphane P.)
- Fixed a link bug in section #57
2008/03/09 Version 1.0
- Fixed a nasty bug that was not flushing inventory correctly when you were restarting a new game, causing various strange behaviours when trying to pick items (thanks Raion!)
- Fixed a bug causing Gold to increase regularly, and limited the number of crowns to 50.
- Fixed a loading saved game bug which was not restoring all events properly (thanks Kirsty!).
- Fixed several sections events
- Smoothed and improved map scrolling using the stylus.
- Fixed a bug where "Previous/Next" buttons were staying in black & white after dying.
- You can't no longer pick/unpick the "Weaponskill" discipline and roll a random number each time.
- You can't drop and lose the map now.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
- First public release candidate
the Project Aon team, Mollusk, fincs, Noda and ThomasS, NewKuato and Urbatain El Clérigo, and everyone else who helped on this project.