From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Homebrew application that lets you switch [game data] locations, between internal and external
gameDATA app for PS3:
- Allows the user to switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD
- Allows to install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD
- Allows to get back to normal mode when you use "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN
- Allows saving space on internal HDD
<google uid="C06" position="left"></google>
How to use after you install gameDATA.pkg:
Make sure that no payloads are loaded (do a clean PS3 restart).
1) If you wish to install stuff to external USB - launch the app from "Game Data Mode: [HDD]"
2) You're now in USB MODE (the icon will change to USB device with "Game Data Mode: [USB]" title
3) Install PSN games or launch games - their data will go to the external USB HDD/stick
4) Play your PSN (or disc) games from external USB device
5) Once you're done with the game, either reboot your PS3 or launch the "Game Data Mode: [USB]" to get back to normal mode
gameDATA Tool Rev. 2 CHANGELOG:
Installs on all connected USB drives (but uses the first detected USB for the game-data storage)
Works properly after a clean PS3 start (when no payloads are preloaded by other tools/managers) (bugfix from rev 1)
Supports all firmwares: MFW/CFW 3.41, 3.55, including Cobra 3.55 and TrueBlue 3.55 (utilizing syscall35)
Smaller in size (124KB on internal HDD and 47KB on external USB)
Props to Jay-jay for extending its features