From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Native Wii Code Downloader. Downloads Wiird .txt files from the Wiird code database to the sd card and renames them to the name of the game they are used for. To use the cheats in game, txt codes/cheats files must be converted into .gct format by using Wiicm or CheatManager.
- Copy Code Downloader apps package to SD Card.
- Create /txtcodes/ directory on root of SD Card.(This is where the files will be downloaded to)
- First select the region of the game that you would like to use cheats with.
- Code Downloader will say that it is downloading.
- After downloading, a list of every game in your region with cheats available for it will show.
- Scroll up and down until you find the game you are looking for and press Template:WiimoteAButton to download the .txt file.
- Use Wiicm or CheatManager to select the cheats you want to use and convert the .txt into a .gct
- Use Gecko OS to use the cheats in game.
- Version 1.5: Fixed bug in file parsing that caused program to hang when encountering google analytics code.
- Version 1.4: Changed url to geckocodes.org, added category selection for WiiWare/VC codes, removed grrlib/libfreetype.
- Version 1.3: Changed url's to match updated wiird database
- Version 1.2: Slimjim8094 proxy patch(accurately remove headers of any length to allow use with proxy servers.)
- Version 1.1: Removed colons from file names. All games should work now.