From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
What is Better Amphetamine Plugin?
Better Amphetamine Plugin is the work of wololo forums user BeatPlay and is a fork of the reworked Amphetamine plugin by Rinnegatamante which itself was a fork of TheFloW’s original plugin. What the original plugin was meant to do was allow you to overclock the CPU of your Vita, but now with Henkaku R6 you can also slightly overclock your GPU to allow for better performance in games.
- Overclocking (duh)
- emaining battery (in mAh)
- Estimated SoT
- Estimated time to fully charge the battery
- Eslimated battery temperature
- Game Title ID
Create a folder called plugins in ux0:/ . Then put amphetamin.suprx and game.txt into ux0:/plugins/.
Press SELECT button for 2 seconds after launching game from Vitamin or MaiDumpTool, you will see the plugin menu. Use up and down to navigate, left and right to change speed for CPU/BUS/GPU frequency.
You can download both amphetamin.suprx and game.txt from release page.
For advanced setting, create a file named config.txt and put it into ux0:/data/amphetamin. You should use common editor but not Windows default notepad.exe(You can use wordpad.exe, Notepad++, EditPlus, Sublime Text, Atom or more, Which use \n for linebreak). The file content must be:
freq_accurate=0 show_advanced=0 freq_accurate: 1 to enable accurate frequence(5MHz per select) show_advanced: 1 to enable advaned setting(currently has XBAR clock setting)
You can also download that config.txt from release page. You can also transfer it to PSV and use VitaShell to edit it.
Changelog for Better Amphetamine Plugin
- add GPU XBAR(Crossbar) frequency(need advanced setting)
- add config for advanced setting and accurate frequency
- add battery temperature
- add game TITLE_ID
- long press button time change to 2s
- align the text layout
-fixed clockrate not changing -removed faulty FPS counter -allowing 222mhz GPU
-made overclocking more precise -deactivated inital auto overclock
-minor bug fixes for various games
Instructions for using Better Amphetamine Plugin
- Copy amphetamine.suprx to the ux0:/plugins/ folder
- Create a game.txt inside the same folder
- Inside that file put this line: ux0:/plugins/amphetamin.suprx 1 and save.
- When inside a dumped game, press SELECT for a few seconds to bring up the overclocking menu.