BakuBakuX 1 & 2 XBOX
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|BakuBakuX 1 & 2|
History: (Build 1.2: 10/19/03)
* -Added Analog support for menus * -Slowed down menu speed a FRACTION * (Build 1.1: 10/17/03) * -Fixed animal chewing (because i sped up animal move speed, * it set this off and ruined it...now it works nicely. * -attempted to fix no-soundtrack crash...should work now? * -changed a few graphics 'get ready' and a fee info boxes... * -sped up menu move speed...maybe a little too fast !?
Note: The only known problem with this gane i know of ATM is
that the eating is still not perfect, but if you learn what 'trips' the eat engine, you will get around it and itll be fine for the moment... someone should go over my source and write a new eat function (because i suck)...
The reason im not adding every single thing into this game is due to the fact i cant plan for shit, so this will be a 'guide' for my next Baku Baku (2), which will hopefully play -perfect- and include all the features i wanted for this version... (like more customisation).
Source: This is completely open source, the end result of this game
will be determined by those who contribute to the code, fix bugs and add new features..
You can change anything you want (and honestly, the entire game -SHOULD- eventually be changed due to my...crazy programming Sorry for the spaghetti code, but i am extremely slack when it comes to planning, so i end up inserting code here and there as i go... ;)
You should probably keep the SHiZNO logo at the begining tho (altho skipping it with (A) is fine etc), oh...if someone wants, make a better SHiZNO logo BTW (i SUCK at graphics!)..actually, i dont give a fuck..remove the SHiZNO logo if you want!
You can use the DPad or the left thumbstick to control the falling blocks
* (A) Rotates the blocks. * In game you can control these options: * (X) Enable/Disable Sound effects * (Y) Start/Stop Music * (B) Change background (random) * [START] will pause the game (and give you apause menu, see current song etc) For menus use the DPad.
* Button (A/GREEN) is used all the time for selection * Button (B/returns) * Options are saved when you hit (EXIT) in options menu..
CONTACT me at www.Xbox-scene.com (in the development forums)...
Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this, sorry for the crap
source, and any bugs there are (in eating)...i think this is a good first IMO,
but i really believe part 2 will be miles ahead of this one. (various modes etc)
Baku Baku X2
Baku Baku X2 is a remake of my original clone of Baku Baku, started from scratch...this time around skins are fully supported at run time and the game is now smoothe + should work 100%.
- -2 to 8 players (4 human max)
- -eating 100% works
- -custom soundtracks
making your own skins should be simple...ill be releasing 'official' skins every now and then but if you want to make your own , look in the 'default' skin directory...EVERY graphics can be altered thru skinning, the config file consists of : first line = filename of preview image every othe line consists a number and a filename, the number represents the texture to change and the filename the new texture should be located at. you can alter as many or as little graphics as you want. texture id 110 to 120 are reserved for backgrounds so if you want to put in your own backgrounds thats where you want to do it (itll record how many your skin has automatically)
basically all you need to know is that Green rotates/selects everything and that the d pad and left thumbstick control movement. also right thumbstick left and right during play changes background
advanced controls deal with the music:
- BLUE plays a random song in current soundtrack
- YELLOW changes soundtrack (game, or custom soundtracks)
- RED plays/pauses current song
- right thumbstick up and down controls music volume
- white and black cycle thru songs.
IMPORTANT: when music changes a pop up appears with info on music for about a second. to enable or disable wether it appears you can press the BACK button.
playing more than 2 players will shrink the game boards...it can be a bit hard to see the bnoards playing 8 player, its usually helpful to play with a dark background tho...(and a big tv)
if you find any errors please come tell me in the xbox-scene.com development forums (under the baku baku 2 thread) or you can join EFNET and come to #xfactor
will fix any bugs, online play isnt going to happen until i can get a better network setup (tried it this time but my network sucks and wont allow it).....
as for other games i have C&C/Dune 2 and Daytona USA on my mind.
please try my other game Bubble Trouble SX if you enjoy this one.
Thanks to Entropy Music http://www.entropymusic.com/ for allowing me to include the track Tremors in the game....if you like it go check out his other songs on the site!