Abombniballx is a XBOX port,which makes use of lantus' SDLx library. The original game was made by Martin Donlon (Akawaka),so all credits go to him. Visit his site on http://akawaka.csn.ul.ie/abombniball.php3 This game is released under the license of GPL.
The objective of Abombniball is to defuse all the explosives on each level. As a ball, this would normally be a simple task, however each level is filled with traps and devious puzzles placed there by...oh...lets say "Dr. Y-Front", your arch-nemesis (he's very evil). These traps take the form of special tiles which disappear or do other nasty things.
Grey Tile - A solid tile. He never falls away and abandons you like all those other tiles. He's always be there for you.
Blue Tile Green Tile Red Tile - These all vanish after you leave them. Leaving a gapping hole in the grid and an empty space in your heart.
2 Tile - More caring and forgiving than those selfish color tiles. You can bounce on these submissive fellas twice before they vanish.
Blue Arrow - Rude fellows. Shove you in whatever direction the arrow is pointing.
Red Arrow - Even ruder still. They make you jump in whatever direction the arrow is pointing.
You defuse bombs by landing on the bombs square, however you can only defuse the bomb thats currently counting down. Trying to defuse any other bomb will cause it to explode.
Each level provides you with a certain amount of jumps, they are limit so use them with care.
Controls (Analogue stick)
* Left - Move left * Right - Move right * Up - Move up * Down - Move down * (hold) A button - Jump
v0.1 initial port:
- - ported to xbox
- - added joystick movement
- - compiled with newest CVS
- - fixed frame drops
- - removed my own joystick code
- - added CVS joystick movement
- - fixed levellist (2 levels were missing)
- - fixed missing levelmusic in small_square
- - added full sourcecode
- Exit won't work.It will crash your XBOX instead.Just reset your XBOX manually
Things to come:
- Maybe some sort of 'screen stretching'
- fix the EXIT bug