MoonShell NDS Loader Plugin
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Unneon MS2 YSMenu Loader|
This plugin (NDS Loader) allows you to run commercial roms from moonshell2 using ysmenu as a loader. The plugin saves the name of the file selected by moonshell2 in the AUTO_BOOT of the ysmenu and starts the ysmenu.
- Enable the option to run commercial roms on moonshell2.
- Use the menu moonshell2 that is more beautiful than the r4.
Download and extract file.
Install ysmenu as an nds file on the card. Ysmenu.nds and ysmenu.ini can be in the root, in the TTMenu folder, or in the YSmenu folder.
From there, you can choose to install it either manually or automatically.
R4 DS and Clones:
- Copy the file /extlink/nds.ysr4.nds to the /moonshl2/extlink/ folder on the card.
- Copy the file /resetmse/R4TF.nds to the /moonshl2/resetmse/ folder on the card.
DSTT and Acekard2 (Not tested):
- Copy the file /extlink/nds.ysother.nds to the moonshl2/extlink/ folder on the card.
- Copy the file /resetmse/ysother.nds to the moonshl2/resetmse/ folder on the card.
- Rename the /moonshl2/resetmse/ysother.nds file to the card's softreset file.
- Run Install.bat
- Enter the letter of the SD card (e.g. type f for F:\).
- Choose your card option (1 for R4 DS and clones, 2 for others).
- If you want to use the ysmenu as firmware on the R4 DS, use the _DS_MENU.DAT of the plugin as the firmware, placing this file at the root of the card.
- If using cards other than R4 DS or clones, rename moonshl2\resetmse\ysother.nds to the card's softreset file.
The plugin saves the file name selected by the moonshell2 AUTO_BOOT the YSMenu and starts the YSMenu.
To open the YSMenu, open ysmenu.nds by moonshell2, or by function Back to firmware.
Otherwise, the last game will be started automatically.
Makes the boot of homebrew in moonshell slightly slower.
The boot roms is slower than open right through YSMenu because moonshell should start the plugin that launches the YSMenu.
Cannot use cheats directly.
Homebrews created by Unneon, using PAlib, LibFat, chism's NDS Loader, minIni and moonlight's extlink.