Difference between revisions of "Awale"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
The aim of the game is to capture more seeds than your opponent. At the end of the game, the player who has captured the most seeds.
The aim of the game is to capture more seeds than your opponent. At the end of the game, the player who has captured the most seeds .
Revision as of 11:29, 14 June 2012
|Type||Board Strategy Puzzle|
Awale is port of the most ancient games still played, also called Oware.
The aim of the game is to capture more seeds than your opponent. At the end of the game, the player who has captured the most seeds wins.
The board is divided into two areas, hollowed with six holes each. At the begining, 48 seeds are distributed among the 12 holes (four seeds in each hole).
The game turn
Every player plays alternately, the first one to play is chosen at random.
The player takes all the seeds in a hole of his area and distributes them counterclockwise, one in each hole.
If the last seed to be distributed falls into one of the opponent's holes, containing already one or two seeds, the player captures the two or three seeds.
The captured seeds are taken off the board (the hole is left empty) and collected into the player's loft.
If a player captures two or three seeds, and the preceding hole also contains two or three seeds, they are captured too, and so on...
If the number of seeds taken in the starting hole is greater than 11, it constitutes a loop : the starting hole is left out every time in the distribution loop, and therefore always left empty.
A hole containing enough seeds to loop is called a 'Kroo'.
Feed the opponent
A player isn't allowed to "starve" his opponent : a player can't play a hole that leads to capturing all the seeds in his opponent's area.
End of the game
The game ends if :
- A player hasn't any seeds in his area, and therefore can't play. In this case, the other player captures all the remaining seeds.
- The game is "looping", i.e. after some turns, the same playboard configuration is obtained again. In this case, the remaining seeds aren't captured.
- One of the players aborts the game. The other player captures all the remaining seeds.
- Added 2 player mode via Wi-Fi (local)
- Addition of a music
- Bug Fix few.
- Bug Fix: unable to replay a 2nd part (Awale and Mancal) ...
- Added 2 games: Mancala (a variant of the Tongue Awale or vice versa) and Tchuka Ruma (kind of lonely)
- Added some sound effects
- Re-design of some wallpaper.
- Fixed the bug of the new sprites added that no longer disappear
- Adding a marker to player 2 (DS)
- Adding transitions between shots to slow the game